Monday, February 3, 2014

February 2014

  Apprentice

As the United States of America declares independence they had the Article of Confederation.  Read these articles. 
Read all the articles of this document at:

If you have a hard time understanding these please use

AFTER you read, pick an article 3-13. Come prepared to present a 3-4 minute presentation on what that article means; you can include how your chosen article becomes important.

You will need to let me know which one you choose only one person can do each one. I realize there are only ten articles so I will come up with other topics such as history, effects in America, effects in Europe that the articles, drafting of the articles, ratification of articles, revisions and replacements, how the articles operated, the final months and closing down of the articles, and the function of the articles. It will be a first come first pick basis.

Journeyman

Do this:
Research why: the Article of Confederation did not work. I want at least three reasons. Tell me how and why each reason did not work. Email me your answer in essay form by Tuesday at 7 am.

AND: Pick one of these to do:

1. Pick one of the men who signed the articles of confederation and research his family, occupations, where and how he lived and how he dressed. Write this up and email it to me by Tuesday morning at 7 am.

2. What were some of the challenges of setting up a government during this time? –email me you answer by Tuesday morning at 7 am.

Master

After these great men knew the Article of Confederation would not work they wanted to have a constitution. There was a great divide in ideas on how government show be administrated.

Read the introduction to the federalist papers. This is written by Alexander Hamilton.

 Read the other side of the debate are the anti-federalist paper.


Come ready to discuss the ideas in these two papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, I'll get back to you as I become aware of your post.